Beast of the East Erg 2k
Row Nova Scotia is pleased to announce the Beast of the East Erg 2k indoor rowing event. This is a re-naming of the Atlantic Indoor Rowing Championships that occurs annually in February. The indoor rowing event featuring 1km races, 2km races and relays races with over 20 events, ranging from Junior to Masters. The Beast of the East Erg 2k will take place on Sunday February 2, 2020 at Brightwood Golf and Country Club in Dartmouth, NS with racing beginning at 10:00am.
The erg is one of the most challenging full body exercises you can perform and is not only a valuable training tool in rowing but is used by paddling athletes, CrossFit athletes, and many other sports as well almost every gym across the province. The 2000m erg is a proving ground for fitness, perseverance, toughness and grit. Join us on February 2, 2020 and test your mettle and find out if you have what it takes.
Having issues registering? Check out this guide on how to register as a new user – How to Register for Indoor Event – New User. Still having issues, you can contact the Regatta Central Support Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org, 614-360-2922) anytime Monday – Friday, 9 AM EST to 5 PM EST.
Beast of the East Erg Challenges
The erg is one of the most challenging full body exercises you can perform and a true test of a persons fitness, perseverance, and toughness. Row NS wants to challenge all those individuals who are putting their bodies to the test on the erg week after week. The third week January, February and March Row NS will be releasing an erg challenge that can be completed by any person residing in Nova Scotia on any Concept2 erg. Follow us on social media @RowNovaScotia to see the latest challenge!
Challenge #1 – Beat the Devil – 6 sets of 666m with 1 min. rest between sets for time.
Challenge #2 – 30 minute row for total metres.
The challenge begins on Monday February 17 at 12:01 am and ends Sunday February 23 at 11:59pm. Submissions must be made during this time period using the link below.
Challenge #3 – challenge #3 has been postponed.
- Free to participate;
- Age categories for rankings are Junior (18 and under), Senior (19-35), Masters 1 (36-50) and Masters 2 (51+);
- You can complete the challenge as many times as you like but only your best time/distance will count;
- Challenges can be completed on any Concept2 Erg – from home, school, gym, recreation facility, or incorporated into club training sessions or workouts.
- You will need to know your Concept2 verification code: How to find your erg’s verification code. There is no need to enter a verification code if you are uploading your results using the Concept2 Utility or ErgData app;
- Learn how to set your Concept 2 monitor for time, distance or intervals: How to set your Concept2 monitor for distance intervals;
- Challenges begin on Monday at 12:01am (AST) and end on Sunday at 11:59pm (AST);
- The challenge and submission must be completed in this timeframe.
- The challenge will be posted the Saturday before the challenge begins from the Row Nova Scotia website (www.rowns.ca), Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@RowNovaScotia); and
- At the end of the week, the top five in each age category will be posted on our social media accounts.