Congratulations to Andrew Todd, NSRC who was named the overall winner of the Senior Male Athlete of the Year Award at the annual Support4Sport Awards for the second consecutive year. The Support4Sport Awards recognize the most decorated and accomplished athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers in the province of Nova Soctia.
“I’m very excited and humbled to receive this award, especially with all of the ups and downs that this year has brought.” Todd continued, “I can’t thank the Nova Scotia Rowing Community enough for all of their support along the way.”
“Row Nova Scotia values the work and your many, many contributions to rowing in Nova Scotia.” Katie Edwards, Row NS President stated, “The entire province is proud of your accomplishments on the world stage — and the incredible effort that goes into those successes.”
Row NS’s Provincial Team Coach Patrick Cody was named a finalist in the Coach of the Year category for a second straight year for his work with the Row NS Provincial Team and the Rowing Canada Junior National Team.
Row Nova Scotia’s provincial winners were:
- Senior Male Athlete: Andrew Todd, NSRC (Overall Winner)
- Senior Female Athlete: Hannah Meeson, UVIC
- Junior Male Athlete: Emerson Crick, HRC
- Junior Female Athlete: Claire Ellison, HRC
- Coach of the Year: Patrick Cody (Overall Finalist)
- Official of the Year: Yetta Withrow
- Volunteer of the Year: Joan Backman, HRC