Nova Scotia athletes from Halifax Rowing Club, Mic Mac AAC Rowing and North Star Rowing Club recently travelled to St. Catharines, Ontario to compete in the 136th Royal Canadian Henley Regatta. The Royal Canadian Henley is the largest club regatta in North America. This year the regatta brought over a thousand of the best rowers from Argentina all the way to British Colombia and everywhere in between. Despite the stiff competition, Nova Scotia rowers made there presence felt and even took home to Henley golds this year. The result were highlighted by:
– Jenna Pelham (NSRC) battled her way to a Henley gold in the Senior Women’s Lightweight Single;
– Tara Barnett and Hannah Meeson (NSRC) raced to a Henley gold in the Senior Women’s Lightweight Pair;
– Emerson Crick (HRC) placed fourth in a hard fought U17 Men’s Single Final;
– Ben Walls (NSRC) placed sixth in the Senior Men’s Lightweight Single;
– Hannah Meeson and Kayla Bugeya Miller (NSRC) rowed to a sixth place finish in the U23 Women’s Lightweight Double;
– Emerson Crick and Liam MacSween (HRC) narrowly missed the A final in the both the U17 Men’s Pair and Double.
Nova Scotia had many more promising results and rowers from all three clubs showed lots of grit and determination throughout the week. The full Canadian Henley results are available HERE