Beast of the East Erg 2k
Row Nova Scotia is pleased to announce the Beast of the East Erg 2k indoor rowing event. This is a re-naming of the Atlantic Indoor Rowing Championships that occurs annually in February. The indoor rowing event featuring 1km races, 2km races and relays races with over 20 events, ranging from Junior to Masters. The Beast of the East Erg 2k will take place on Sunday February 2, 2020 at Brightwood Golf and Country Club in Dartmouth, NS with racing beginning at 10:00am.
The erg is one of the most challenging full body exercises you can perform and is not only a valuable training tool in rowing but is used by paddling athletes, CrossFit athletes, and many other sports as well almost every gym across the province. The 2000m erg is a proving ground for fitness, perseverance, toughness and grit. Join us on February 2, 2020 and test your mettle and find out if you have what it takes.
Having issues registering? Check out this guide on how to register as a new user – How to Register for Indoor Event – New User. Still having issues, you can contact the Regatta Central Support Desk (email@example.com, 614-360-2922) anytime Monday – Friday, 9 AM EST to 5 PM EST.
Regatta draw will be posted on Wednesday January 29, 2020
Beast of the East Erg Challenges
The erg is one of the most challenging full body exercises you can perform and a true test of a persons fitness, perseverance, and toughness. Row NS wants to challenge all those individuals who are putting their bodies to the test on the erg week after week. The third week January, February and March Row NS will be releasing an erg challenge that can be completed by any person residing in Nova Scotia on any Concept2 erg. Follow us on social media @RowNovaScotia to see the latest challenge! . Submissions are made using the google links below.
Challenge #1 – challenge to be posted Jan. 18 and submission are open Jan. 12-26
Challenge #2 – challenge to be posted Feb. 15 and submission are open Feb. 17-23
Challenge #3 – challenge to be posted Mar. 14 and submissions are open March 16-22
- Free to participate;
- Age categories for rankings are Junior (18 and under), Senior (19-35), Masters 1 (36-50) and Masters 2 (51+);
- Challenges can be completed on any Concept2 Erg – from home, school, gym, recreation facility, or incorporated into club training sessions or workouts. All you need is the C2 verification code;
- Learn how to set your Concept 2 monitor for time, distance or intervals – click here;
- Challenges begin Monday at 12:01am (AST) and end on Sunday at 11:59pm (AST);
- The challenge and submission must be completed in this timeframe.
- The challenge will be posted the Saturday before the challenge begins from the Row Nova Scotia website (www.rowns.ca), Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@RowNovaScotia); and
- At the end of the week, the top five in each category will be posted on our social media accounts.