The erg is one of the most challenging full body exercises you can perform and a true test of a persons fitness, perseverance, and toughness. Row NS wants to challenge all those individuals who are putting their bodies to the test on the erg week after week. The third week January, February and March Row NS will be releasing an erg challenge that can be completed by any person residing in Nova Scotia on any Concept2 erg. Follow us on social media @RowNovaScotia to see the latest challenge! Submissions are made using the google links below.
Challenge #1 – Beat the Devil – 6 sets of 666m with 1 min. rest between sets for time.
The challenge begins on January 20 at 12:01 am and ends January 26 at 11:59pm. Submissions must be made during this time period using the link below.
Challenge #2 – challenge to be posted Feb. 15 and submission are open Feb. 17-23
Challenge #3 – challenge to be posted Mar. 14 and submissions are open March 16-22
- Free to participate;
- Age categories for rankings are Junior (18 and under), Senior (19-35), Masters 1 (36-50) and Masters 2 (51+);
- You can complete the challenge as many times as you like but only your best time/distance will count;
- Challenges can be completed on any Concept2 Erg – from home, school, gym, recreation facility, or incorporated into club training sessions or workouts;
- You will need to know your Concept2 verification code: How to find your erg’s verification code. There is no need to enter a verification code if you are uploading your results using the Concept2 Utility or ErgData app;
- Learn how to set your Concept 2 monitor for time, distance or intervals: How to set your Concept2 monitor for distance intervals;
- Challenges begin on Monday at 12:01am (AST) and end on Sunday at 11:59pm (AST);
- The challenge and submission must be completed in this timeframe.
- The challenge will be posted the Saturday before the challenge begins from the Row Nova Scotia website (www.rowns.ca), Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@RowNovaScotia); and
- At the end of the week, the top five in each age category will be posted on our social media accounts.